You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, mathematicians, climatologists and computer scientists who have large scale datasets to analyse and global climate models running on a HPC environment. You will be helping us to present our datasets to our customers via API frameworks and innovative and engaging visualisations. We empower on our team to get on with driving the future direction of the business without the hindrance of unnecessary process.
- An degree-level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering/Science/Mathematics (2:1 minimum)
- Experience in developing modern responsive web applications
- Knowledge of Python web API frameworks such as Bottle, Flask, Django
- Good command of Linux CLI with some Bash scripting
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent team player with strong communications skills
- Knowledge of source control tools such as git/perforce/etc
- Ability to debug and resolve performance issues.
Experience with any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Experience of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge of cloud based platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud or AWS
- Technical background in data science, climate science or GIS systems
This is a great opportunity to grow with an award winning and rapidly expanding company who wants to rapidly develop their career path and be exposed to leading edge development environment.
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your CV and covering letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job here